Friday, February 19, 2010

The Wheel Of Fate Is Turning (Again)

Longtime readers of this blog will note that last year I sang the praises of Blazblue: Calamity Trigger, the little fighting game that could. Mind you, I was still playing the game's Story Mode through at the time and only a couple months after I finished the True Ending (which explains the multiple time paradoxes that frame the story and how pretty much every ending actually happens in a closed-off time loop--seriously, if I were to try to explain to you, your head would explode, so I'll let the TV Tropes page do what it can) It wasn't a hugely successful game, but it was successful enough to get an update, which, as some may grit their teeth, is more of a Championship Edition style upgrade, but with a twist--since Blazblue's True Ending smashes the time loop that the first game took place in, time is free to take a new path (indicated in the new game's subtitle, hence, our sequel/revision/whatever, Blazblue: Continuum Shift

And here's the intro from the arcade version:



Man, I am so stoked for this.

No comments: