Friday, December 31, 2010

And now, as we look to 2011 . . .

. . .and the beginning of GUNMETAL BLACK'S second decade, we look to the future by announcing the last few bits and bobs of the year-long Tenth Anniversary, because I totally don't toot my own horn around here.

The main thing to roll out, of course, is the GUNMETAL BLACK Wiki, which now, after months of work can move from the "beta" stage to "public beta" stage (adding articles as I type this). If ever you looked at the ten years and ten million or so words of GUNMETAL BLACK and wondered just what the hell all this amounted to, well now, I have a handy reference guide to the care and feeding of my fictional universe, its characters, it's vehicles . . .hell, everything I could think to put in.

For those of you who might say "Well, hang on, I read the stories, what do I need this for?" Well, to offset the fact that there is some mild (and not so mild) spoilage in the articles in the Wiki (can't be helped) I have also added in bits that are exclusive to the Wiki--because there's tons of little details about the GMB Universe that I will just not be able to cover in ten novels and however many short stories so far. So I figure this is a way of fleshing out my universe by other means.

And no, the project I just finished at the Prattle had nothing to do with the idea for this . . .well, except considering how much I love the Handbooks and like minded reference stuff there was no way I wouldn't do something like this given half a chance.

Anyways, enjoy it, enjoy GMB (there's lots!) and enjoy yourselves as we kick off the next decade in ways even the pedants who say the new set of ten starts at "1" and not "0" can agree on. Happy New Year everyone! Join us in 2011 when Witless Prattle unexpectedly begins its third year of posting (to everyone's--especially mine's--surprise)

2 comments:

Diana Kingston-Gabai said...

I'm going to avoid this for the time being - spoilers, etc. But it's bookmarked for later. :)

Kazekage said...

By that time I may have expanded it a little. ;) Or added wikis for my other stories, depending on how long my insomnia continues to plague me . . .